Friday, March 23, 2007

I like to think that I have a sense of humor and can enjoy a good laugh, but I've just read a blog in which the Christian author of a Christian blog uses the most dismissive sarcasm to describe another brothers point of view. It is the more offensive when this person is supposed to love the same doctrines of grace as I.

I love a laugh, but never at the expense of a Christian brother, even if I do disagree with him. After all, someone once said truthfully, "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit". How true. Grace, the free and unmerited favor or beneficence of God, and graciousness, excellence of manners or social conduct, and the quality of being kind and gentle, are related!

How sad when Christians are unable, or are unwilling, to show this fruit of a regenerate heart.

1 comment:

Maƫl said...

How true ... Alan and I have often talked about how one of the things that Christian seem to be missing the most is humility. Too often, we are so convinced that we are right and so convinced that we have to tell the rest of the erring world that they are wrong, that we forget to be humble, gentle, and to let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

Post a Comment